Followers

7.21.2010

Something Not As Profound As I’d Like, But All I Have the Energy For

by Chris Vanasdalan

Hello fellow freelancers. I had every intention of writing something detailed, deep and profound for this post, but I just don’t have the time or the energy for it right now. Plus, it’s still in the mid 80’s at almost 11 p.m. and I’m too stubborn to install air conditioning in my nearly 100 year-old house. So in the effort of being at least quasi-productive I’ll post a few words about something I stumbled across earlier today and found to be quite helpful.

As a freelancer I’m always struggling to find leads on potential gigs, especially those that pay more than a few dollars per post. But I found a helpful list today on the Freelance Writing Jobs Network page, and I must give credit to writer Deb Ng for putting it together. It’s a list of 15 People and Places to Follow on Twitter to Find Freelance Writing Jobs.

I’ll be honest, I didn’t decide to follow all 15. I went with 6 or 7 of them that seem fairly promising. Full disclosure, I’ve only been following them for about half a day now but they were coming fast and furious.

Here’s Deb's list of all 15. Some are suited to different topics, but there should be something here for everyone. (Forgive me for not adding a link to all of them, but they're easily found via the twitter search page.)

@freelancewj – The official Twitter name for this blog, whenever job leads or informative tips are posted, updates appear in our twitter stream.
@debng - Yes, that’s me. I also tweet out available freelance writing jobs.
@annewayman – Anne always lets her followers know when new job leads are up at About Freelance Writing.
@problogger - Darren tweets out jobs on his ProBlogger Job Board.
@ufreelance – Scott Perry’s Twitter stream. Scott tweets update for this blog and many others.
@jssicadavis – Tweets feeds from various freelance job sites.
@marlandlove – Tweets Canadian freelance writing jobs.
@GetFreWritiJobs – The Twitter stream for the Get Freelance Writing Jobs website
@mediabistrojobs – The Twitter stream for Media Bistro’s job search.
@journalismjobs – The Journalism Jobs site Twitter stream.
@freelance_jobs – Tweets out jobs from Get a Freelancer
@media_pros – Lots of freelance writing job tweets!
@bloggingjobs – Blogging job tweets.
@GetTecWritiJobs – Technical writing job tweets.
@scienceandjobs – Tweets out the occasional science writing job.

Thanks again to Deb Ng for compiling the list. Hope this is helpful for the 2 of you who read my blog. I promise I’ll have something a little more profound to post later this week. Stay tuned.

Chris Vanasdalan is a freelance writer based out of Indianapolis. He's the man behind Write Now Indy and he's had a long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment